Rachael Hay – Director
Rachael Hay is a highly experienced Occupational Therapist with a background in personal training and a passion for health and wellbeing.
“I was inspired to become an Occupational Therapist in my late high school years when my grandfather was diagnosed with a brain tumour. I watched a very stoic, intelligent and proud man begin to lose his dignity and independence. This was my first introduction to the amazing profession that is Occupational Therapy. An Occupational Therapist visited my grandfather and provided him with a number of different devices and equipment to not only maintain his independence but enable him to remain at home as his condition deteriorated. I knew from that moment on that if I could help someone else’s loved one maintain their independence following an injury or illness the way that this OT had helped my grandfather, this profession was for me.”
Rachael has worked as an Occupational Therapist for the last 12 years (see her Linked In profile for more information) however during this time she has also enhanced her interest for health and fitness by completing the Certificate III and IV in Fitness to work as a personal trainer. Rachael has recently combined her medical background with her passion for health, fitness and the beach by gaining her bronze medallion and becoming a volunteer for the Bondi Surf Life Saving Club.
Rachael is passionate about:
- Injury prevention and working with corporate organisations to complete ergonomic assessments, intervention and training.
- Providing strategies and education to assist people to remain healthy, reduce illness and disease and keep active.
- Increasing her clients’ independence at home by providing them with equipment and functional education to return to tasks such as lawn mowing, cleaning and community activities.
- Assisting the ageing population to remain at home rather than moving into an aged care facility.
- Assisting small boutique providers to provide quality services through development of policies and procedure and auditing.
Rachael looks forward to helping you, your business or your claimant to get their health and wellbeing ON TRACK.